EBM Manufacturing is an industry leader in the production of bulk handling agri-industrial equipment and custom screening technology. We are presently seeking a full time fabricator/welder. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Cuts workpiece using CNC machine, powered saws, hand shears or chipping knife.
- Recognize, set-up and operate tools and equipment for tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc or other welding equipment in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Lays out, positions and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers and ruler.
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Inspects grooves, angles or gap allowances using micrometer, caliper and precision measuring instruments.
- Material handling and storage; heavy lifting (50-80 lbs.), pushing, pulling, bending, squatting, walking, forward/above shoulder reaching and balancing for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor primarily indoors and occasionally under non-environmentally controlled shop conditions. No travel required.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to read and interpret metal rule. Recognize the importance of being exact or accurate.
- Ability to safely operate fabrication and machine shop machinery and equipment.
- Recognize, set up and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Locate and mark workpiece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage and other component specifications.
- Ability to safely move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars and hammers.
- Ability to weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron and other alloys.
- Skilled mechanically and able to inspect and perform minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies or workpieces. Perform burning work.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions in English for efficiency in cooperative work assignments, to follow and promote safe work practices, and prepare and submit consistent, accurate reports and time keeping.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete daily activities according to work schedules.
- Load or unload bundles, equipment or materials to/from trucks; move bundles, equipment or materials to storage or work areas using material handling equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.